Saturday, September 1, 2007

Es macht mir viel Spass!

Learning new languages is fun!

Yo soy apprendiendo Espanol. ... Problem is, German keeps sneaking in every now and then, when I'm at a loss for the correct word. (Just goes to show how deeply I got pulled into the Max-Mueller-Bhavan / Goethe-Institut matrix during that one year there. Nah, I jest. Frau Jyotsna Bhide was one of the best teachers I've ever had.) Just like that incredible moment, 12 years ago, when, while waiting for the bus home from school, I tried to translate/sing "A Whole New World" in Hindi, opened my mouth, and, without any conscious thought involved, out it came in German. To say I was stunned, myself, is putting it mildly.

And then I get all mixed up between the Spanish and French pronunciations of words like "bien". Partly due to having seen Jean Reno exclaim "Tres bien!" in Godzilla just a couple of days ago. ... And now I'm walking around, mimicking the French accent and saying "Tres bien!" to myself every few minutes and chuckling away at the novelty of bending my voice in new ways.

Learning new languages is fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!