Friday, August 31, 2007

Just me and the road. And all my neighbours.

Went for a run yesterday. I think it's been about a week or so since I last ran. Did my usual 3-mile circuit, and matched my previous best time of 26 minutes flat --- so last week's achievement (shaving a full minute off my then-previous best of 27 minutes) was no fluke. *Excellent*!

Stopped and chatted with --- or waved out to --- almost every neighbour on my street during my cool-off walk-around. (One lady yarned on for a good 10 minutes about her ex-father-in-law, who was Greek and climbed mountains and worked till he was more than a hundred and died at a hundred and twenty-two, or thereabouts.) They've all become a lot friendlier of late. Probably gotten used to seeing me around, after my having been here for the past three years. It's a nice feeling. It's a shame I'll quite probably be moving away soon.

No comments: